Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Penny and Jack

This is hilarious. After explicitly saying in a tweet (notable for its garbled grammar) that she is not a feminist and that the world would be worse if women had more power, Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting later backtracked and said that her words were taken out of context.
The 29-year-old actress said she simply meant that she feels lucky “to have a career, really build myself as an independent woman..."
In other news: I've kept an eye on the Jack the Ripper case for a number of years. In one of his letters, Jack wrote:
I am down on whores and I shant quit ripping them till I do get buckled. Grand work the last job was. I gave the lady no time to squeal. How can they catch me now. I love my work and want to start again. You will soon hear of me with my funny little games.
That message is quite well-known. Fewer people are aware that Jack wrote a follow-up statement:
My previous letter was taken out of context. What I meant to say was that I feel lucky to have a career, and to really build myself as an independent ripper.

1 comment:

Stephen Morgan said...

Have the feminists got to you? Her original statement was quite clear that she doesn't see the point of feminist because she's never been oppressed and sees the movement as outdated and anachronistic.